Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Healthy Living

New year, new goals.

Andrew and I came together and made a list of things we really need to focus on for our lives to be the best it can be. Bust most importantly, we needed to refocus to make everything ready for a new human named Ollie.

And whats more important than healthy eating and living? Not very much. So, we bought a treadmill, got health books && journals, and set our goals.

Being pregnant makes being healthy so much harder. All I want is chocolate. And milk. And more chocolate. And I would rather lay on my back/take a bath instead of walking every day. But no more, I say. No more.

I bought a new set of pots and pans (I'm not sure if they are from Costco or heaven), found a bunch of recipes that I thought would settle well in my stomach and went to work. Learning how to cook is something I have honestly always wanted to do. And don't get me wrong, I could make a basic burger. But I wanted to learn how to really cook. Like, get veggies and meats I had never heard of. Really expand my pallet.

So here we are. So many recipies down. So many successes. And I am learning how to cook more on my own and be creative. Since I just started the blog, I only have a couple photos. But I promise to keep updated on new finds and share my progress. It's getting real, dudes. Wish me luck.

So here we go. First food post. Chicken and gnocchi.



No comments

Post a Comment

© Birdie Who
Maira Gall