Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Heather's Job

It's official, we have a blog. I am going to back track a little here and post things that have happened over the last year... we've had some big things happen.

In April of 2015, all my hard work paid off and I got an amazing job promotion. I work for a company called Thumbtack and was promoted to System Administrator. It came with some pretty awesome perks, too. And the first perk I got to experience was an all expense paid trip to the Philippines in July.

The first three days were spent in Manilla teaching classes, getting to know our employees and exploring the big city. Here are some of the photos I took:







After this trip to Manilla was over, I took a couple days for a personal vacation to Boracay, Philippines. It took almost a day to get there. A boat ride, a plane ride and multiple bus/trike rides on sewage filled roads just to get to the hotel. 

What I learned from this trip is that when you see beautiful photos of blue waters and clear skies like this one:
You always have  to remember what it takes to get there. That being said, this was the most beautiful places I have ever seen and would do it all over again. But next time, I am taking my little family. 

I did so many things in this two day trip that two days was almost too much. I went snorkeling, got massages (like, two dollars for a 30 minute, beachside massage. Say whhaaa???), met up with other people from Thumbtack and also made new friends. Went cliff jumping and island hopping, and LOTS of sitting in this beautiful water. I was so busy I didn't take many photos, but enjoy the ones I did. Or, if you'd rather, here is my first attempt at a YouTube video.












No comments

Post a Comment

© Birdie Who
Maira Gall