Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Poblano Chicken Tacos


It's FALL!! Can you believe it? I am so ready for sweaters and soup I can hardly contain myself. I write this with the window open while seventy degree fall air blows through my house. This is one happy momma.

People who know me know that I have been learning to cook this last year. It's always been a goal of mine to be as good of a cook to my children and husband as my mom has been to her family. I've been trying new ingredients I had never heard of, vegetables that would usually intimidate me, and most importantly I have been trying to make things on my own.

This recipe is one that I have made based on a bunch of different recipes. I have made changes that either fit my fridge or my bank account.  Poblano peppers are one of my new favorite peppers and this is one of my family's favorite recipe.  After making these for almost everyone that has eaten in our home I have decided I should probably write it down. These Poblano Chicken Tacos are seriously the easiest, yummiest tacos. And did I mention easy?  They are so full of flavor, your family and friends are going to think you slaved over them forever. I have been dying to share this on our blog! Ready? K. Here we go.

Disclosure:

I am not a fancy cook. Nor do I know how to take good food photos (lots of times I eat them before I can take a photo.. #noselfcontrol), so if you have any questions or suggestions on how I can improve the recipe explanation process, please let me know. Ya'll are dope.

Poblano Chicken Tacos
Ingredients:
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 Poblano Pepper (sometimes I use two)
  • 2 large chicken breasts (use your best judgement depending on how many people you're feeding)
  • 1 can of corn, drained
  • 1 bunch of cilantro
  • 1/8 cup water
  • Small flour tortillas
  • Optional: queso fesco for topping if you want, but I skip this 1/2 the time.
Directions:
  1. Cut and chop peppers, chicken and cilantro.
  2. Heat oil on the stove and add the peppers. Let cook for about 3 minutes on their own. 
  3. Add chicken and stir occasionally
  4. When chicken is half way cooked, add cumin, chili powder and salt. Depending on how much oil is left, this is where I will add a little bit of water to the pan to make sure everything gets coated in the seasoning. 
  5. Once chicken is cooked, add the can of drained yellow corn. Cook until hot.
  6. Heat tortillas and put mixture inside. 
  7. Top with fresh cilantro (don't skimp on this part, it makes the whole taco!)
Feeds 4 and makes great leftovers!

These are probably in the top 5 of favorite tacos I have ever eaten, and they are so flipping easy. Comment down below if you tried them and tell me what you think! I think I am going to start posting recipes a more regular thing. Somethings are just too good not to share!





1 comment

© Birdie Who
Maira Gall